Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Engaged!!!!!


I have not been able to blog about the best day in my life because I wanted to wait until I found my camera cord so that I could upload a picture!!!!


Here's the story:


If you know me, you know that Valentines day is absolutely hands down my favorite day of the year. Who wouldn't love the day that is centered around three of my favorite things in the world: love, candy, and the color pink?! Well...three years ago Jared and I had been dating about 6 months and it was our first Valentines together. I was so excited I got him exactly what he wanted- a sledgehammer!! I even packed him this cute little Valentine bag filled with everything from candy to a travel size first aid kit!!! I could not wait to get off work so that we could go out to dinner to celebrate. He comes to my house (empty handed that is) and my roommate assures me that my gift or card is waiting for me in the car! So we go to the car, I open the door, Climb in, and yeah you guessed it...NOTHING! Then he says "If we had been dating longer I probably would have gotten you something.....Well I guess we have been dating for a pretty long time." (If you know Jared, you know all about his "cute" foot in mouth situations!:) I get over it, happy that at least I have a date for the night. We go to dinner, great food, great Marg! Then to top off this glorious LOVE day Jared takes me to HOME DEPOT!!!! How romantic right?!!! I will admit, I was very disappointed at the time, but now I think the whole story is funny and kind of endearing!!


So...this year I think Jared decided to make up for the past. Boy did he!! We went to stay downtown at the Hilton. When we first got there he gave me one wrapped package. (Keep in mind I was really really hoping for a ring) I opened the gift and it was perfume. A teensy tiny bit disappointed because it was not a ring, I thanked him and we left to go to dinner.


Dinner was good! We ended up having to wait for awhile because they were not taking reservations, but the steak and potatoes were worth it!!! After our 4 hour meal, we left and headed back to the hilton. Then Jared gave me ANOTHER wrapped package, so immediately my hopes shot back through the roof as I opened it. It was the adorable wine glasses that I told him I wanted weeks ago. By this time, Jared had definitely made up for our first Valentines!!! We drank some champagne, and I gave him his gift. I got him Vitamins! hahaha! Then he tells me he has another gift but I cant open it until he comes back from the restroom. While he is gone, I shake the package...its heavy...it cant be a ring. So he comes back and I start to open the package. I opened the gift and a glass jar filled with M&M's falls out. I said they were cute and thanked him when he asked what do the M&M's say. I read them. They said:

"Paige"

"I love You"

"Will You Marry me?"

So I turned around and he was on his knee with the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life!!!!! So we cried for a little, stared at the ring for awhile, and drank some more champagne. Then we called our parents and friends, and went back to staring at the ring!!!!


I think its safe to say, that Jared definitely made up for our first "Home depot Valentines"

What do you think?!




2 comments:

  1. I love love the way he did it and I could not be happier for you two!!! I know you will have a wonderful life together!!! I'm ready for all the parties to start!!

    PS- The ring is perfect and gorgeous!!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous =]

    ReplyDelete