Thursday, August 8, 2013

Monogrammed Burp Cloths

When I got pregnant with Emerson, my mom immediately started making me baby items. One of my favorite things was the burp cloths she made. I have had several friends having babies, so I had my mom show me how to make them! They are very simple to make and they are super cute! They make great personalized shower gifts for any new mommy! 


Supplies:
- Plain White Cloth Diapers (I used the Gerber brand from Walmart)

- Fabric of your choice

-Sewing machine or if you are really brave a needle and thread:)

I don't have pictures of each step but it is very simple.

1. Lay fabric and cloth diaper out. Cut the fabric about an inch wider than the burp cloth.
2. Turn fabric so that it is "inside out" you will want the printed side to be laying on top of the cloth when you pin.
3. Pin fabric to the diaper.
4. Sew a straight line around the fabric and diaper only leaving about a 2 inch opening to flip the diaper and fabric inside out. This is just like you would do if you were making a pillow. When you flip it inside out the seam will be on the inside of the cloth so that you don't see any extra material or mistakes!:)
5. Once you have turned it inside out, sew another straight line around the entire cloth as a top stitch. Doing this will close the 2 inch opening you had before.
6. Sew two straight lines down the middle two seams of the cloth diaper!
7. Iron and Monogram them if you like! (I had someone else do the monogram)

Every Momma that I have given these to have loved them. When my mom made me mine they were almost too pretty to use. But I did use them, and 10 months later they still come in handy!



 I have mentioned before that I like the more "granny" style of things for babies, but having made several of these sets of burp cloths I think it is more fun to go crazy with the fabrics and monogram thread. Hobby Lobby has great fabric choices right now so if you decide to make these, have fun with it!

Every Momma that I have given these to have loved them. When my mom made me mine they were almost too pretty to use. But I did use them, and 10 months later they still come in handy!

I linked this project up with Leslie's "Create It Thursday!"
Lots of good ideas going on over there!

href="http://www.lambertslately.com/search/label/Create%20It%20Thursday"
 rel=”nofollow”>

No comments:

Post a Comment