Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas/Anniversary Trip to Chicago

In December, Jared and I celebrated our second anniversary! I still cant believe that it has been that long ago! I seriously remember it like it was yesterday! I hope I always feel that way! Jared and I had kind of an interesting/hard/sad couple of months leading up to our anniversary, so I wanted to do something extra fun for Christmas break. I started looking for trips in October and came across a trip to Chicago! For round trip airfare and 4 nights at a really cute/nice hotel it was only 290 dollars a person! I jumped right on it! We also invited our friends Jackie and Shawn! It really was one of the best trips I have been on! It was a tad bit cold so I cant wait to go back again when it is warm!

In our five days that we were there we packed in a ton of stuff!

We went to the Bean:

Wriggly Field-seriously one of my favorite parts of the whole trip! I LOVED Wriggleyville!!




We spent an entire day at the Field Museum and we still didn't see everything! But we did see Sue-the most complete dinosaur in the U.S.




I consider Jared to be a foodie-he loves trying new foods and any time we go somewhere he likes to eat what the locals eat. The food in Chicago did not disappoint! We seriously ate, and ate, and ate some more! I felt like I deserved it with all the walking we did! :) One of my favorite meals was at Gino's East. We got an AMAZING deep dish Chicago style pizza!


The first day that we got there we went to the observatory in the Hancock building. It had snowed that morning and it was kind of cloudy, but it was so much fun!








We did lots of touristy stuff and a little bit of shopping on the last day! This was me and Jackie's reward for being so good about the entire day at the Field Museum while the boys looked at and read every little sign in that entire building! :)



Jared even enjoyed some of the shopping! The Lego store was so awesome. They had the skyline of Chicago built entirely out of Legos!





If you know me, you know I like staying at hotels. I looked through all the pictures of our hotel on the internet that I could find and I read lots of reviews. I was so impressed with the hotel. It was so cute and the location could not have been better. It was not even a block off of Michigan Avenue and right next to the Louis Vuitton store. I mean seriously?! We could not have picked a better place to stay!




Overall, we had such a good time! I hope that Jared and I are always able to get away and remember our day from December 2009!






1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a great trip! So many fun pictures :) loved this post!

    ReplyDelete